It’s not only Atlasta’s wide variety of menus and cuisine that makes us Arizona’s most diverse catering company. Read more about us and the different ways we add layer and depth to each event.
Interested in a career with Atlasta? It’s more than just a job! Learn more.
President & CEO
Starting as Atlasta’s resident potato peeler at age five, Steve knew early on that he wanted to be a leader in Phoenix’s culinary industry,” is how the beginning of Steve’s ‘official’ bio reads. How did he know at age five he wanted to be “a leader in Phoenix’s culinary industry?” Perhaps that’s overstating the foresight of a young kid, but clearly his early childhood shaped his career choice. Being exposed to the inner workings of a busy production kitchen at such a young age and over such a long period of time, helped shape and develop Steve’s idea of what ‘work’ should be. Anyone who has worked in a kitchen or read about it knows it’s a unique blend of stress, pressure, teamwork, camaraderie, long hours and exhilaration. Quite simply, nothing compares. Steve focuses his volunteer time and effort on the Valley Permaculture Guild, WESD, Waste Not, CASS, Support our Schools, St. Vincent de Paul, promoting true sustainability and coaching youth football.
- Life time goal: To make a difference through food service to positively change the lives of my clients, staff and children.
- Favorite quote: “Do what you have to do now so you can do what you want to do later.”
- Favorite holiday: Halloween
Vice President & CFO
Love of decorating, styling, organizing and planning led Kristine to the catering and event planning business directly after college (ASU, of course). Certainly the prospect of working with her future husband made the position that more enticing. Fifteen years later, Kristine manages and operates the finance department of Atlasta while focusing on long term planning, marketing and strategy. Kristine’s volunteer work is centered on advocating for and supporting the public school system through volunteer hours and fundraising, the National Stuttering Association and Best Friends Animal Sanctuary.
- Biggest accomplishment:My family
- Favorite quote: “If you are going through hell, keep going.” Winston Churchill
- Favorite Holiday: Christmas
Director of Food and Beverage
Micah’s title seems simple yet it encompasses so much! Responsible for menu costing and menu development for both food and bar menus across all properties, Micah is an extremely busy person. His talent for multi-tasking and planning was honed throughout his career which spans the realm of senior regional chef for a nationwide retirement community, managing partner and consultant of startup concepts and over twelve years of experience as an executive chef. His certifications include being a Certified Alcohol Trainer and Manager and a Serv Safe Certified Instructor. During his education at the Scottsdale Culinary Institute, Micah was honored as one of the Top Ten student chefs in the nation. Micah’s volunteer work is spent with the American Cancer Society.
- What I’m doing when I’m not working: Spending time with my family, coaching my boys
- Favorite Holiday: Thanksgiving, it’s a great time to get together with family and share so many food memories!
- Favorite Quote: “A well planned event means a well-executed event.”
Executive Chef, Atlasta
Lucio started at Atlasta in 2001 and quickly moved up through the kitchen brigade proving himself time and time again as the person who could handle stress, meet deadlines, create and execute cuisine and lead a crew. Lucio worked under Jeffrey Beeson at Basis New American and gained infinite knowledge of New American Cuisine before becoming Basis’ executive chef. He currently oversees the entire on and off premise kitchen staff at Atlasta. He is a devoted husband and father, spending his time volunteering with Vista Colina Emergency Shelter and the WESD.
- Favorite food: Anything from the sea.
- Destination I’d most like to visit: Costa Rica
- If I had a million dollars, I would: save it all for my kids’ college fund.
Executive Chef, University Club, ASU
Responsible for managing both the restaurant kitchen of The Bistro and the on premise catering kitchen of The University Club keeps Roberto extremely busy. During the nine years Roberto has been with Atlasta, he has had the opportunity to work under Steve and Lucio in both the catering kitchen of Atlasta and the restaurant kitchen at Basis making him ideally suited for the uniqueness of The University Club. Roberto is a committed father and husband, concentrating his volunteer time on the Chris Becker Dining Hall in Sunnyslope.
- Favorite sport: Soccer.
- Best accomplishment: My kids.
- If I were a superhero, I would: Partner up with Batman!
Pete has spent the last year redeveloping and rethinking our approach to dessert and pastry at Atlasta. Before joining our team at Atlasta, Pete worked for years at Basis New American and prior to that at Convivo and The Different Pointe of View. Pete’s commitment to “scratch baking” using authentic ingredients enhances our clients’ experience and highlights our dedication to ‘real’ food. Pete is a dedicated husband and father of two girls who spends his time volunteering in the community with his church, North Phoenix Baptist.
- Best accomplishment: My family life
- Soundtrack of my life would be: Me singing
- Favorite Sport: Chess. If golf counts as a sport, then chess does too!
Director of Employee Engagement
Interested in working for Atlasta? Heather will most likely be the first person you meet. Responsible for hiring, training and ensuring employee job satisfaction is what our Director of Employee Engagement does every day. As a former restaurant manager, Heather came to Atlasta after needing a schedule more conducive to being a mother. Writing and implementing policy and meeting with, educating and encouraging staff is the perfect job for Heather’s sparkling personality and professionalism. Heather spends her volunteer time at the Boys and Girls Club and at her daughter’s school.
- What I’m doing when I’m not working: Spending time with my family, reading, baking and cooking, hiking, camping
- Favorite Holiday: Christmas, the decorating, the baking, the shopping- everything!
- Favorite Sport: Playing basketball with my daughter
Assistant Director of Finance
Since joining Atlasta in 2008, Amanda has learned the ins and outs of event planning and the Arizona catering industry. Making the transition to the finance department in 2011 made perfect sense due to Amanda’s excellent attention to detail, keen eye for economics and overall understanding of the ‘behind scenes action’ at Atlasta. Responsible for the day to day accounting for Atlasta and all of its related properties is a challenge that Amanda meets with confidence, poise and humor. Her love of all things Volkswagen is legendary and she is an active participant in the community.
- Favorite memory: The day I was adopted by my parents
- Favorite holiday: Birthdays
- Pets: Essence, 9 year old American Staffordshire Terrier and Fred, Bearded Dragon
Director of Special Events, University Club
Singlehandedly planning all events within the University Club at ASU and most ASU related events occurring all over Arizona can be a tricky job but it is exactly what Melanie does every day -seemingly effortlessly. Of course, her years of event planning experience came in handy when she joined the team but it was her ability to jump in and learn quickly that made her the perfect fit for the Director of Special Events job. Her ability to multi-task, remain organized and react to changes alleviate any pressure her client’s may feel as she always produces exceptional results.
- Favorite Beverage: My Greek coffee that I always drink hot and black
- Favorite Sport: Football
- Best Accomplishment: Graduating college with two degrees
Junior Event Coordinator
A recent addition to the Atlasta sales team, Heather has quickly become indispensable. Her friendly demeanor, willingness to find answers and creativity are appreciated by the sales team and our clients. Her experience in customer service is displayed each day.
- Favorite Food: Fresh Fruit
- Favorite Sport: UFC, Hockey and Football
- Biggest Fear: I’m so afraid of the dark!
As Alisha said, ‘I love food and events and now they are combined in one job!’ Alisha’s wide ranging experience includes a culinary degree (she was valedictorian of her graduating class), office management and working in the entertainment industry. Managing the scheduling of all properties and ensuring all one hundred and fifty employees know exactly where to be and when to be there is something that would be daunting to most people but Alisha handles it in stride. Together with the entire operations team, Alisha ensures each event is executed as it was intended.
- Favorite Sport: Horseback Riding
- Favorite Holiday: Thanksgiving, because it is all about food and family
- Favorite Desserts: Cookies
The Bistro, Front of House Manager
A former Atlasta Captain and lead server at Basis, Lisa now runs the floor at The Bistro, the lunch restaurant located within The University Club at ASU. Responsible for ensuring impeccable service from start to finish, Lisa works directly with the entire Bistro staff. Lisa spends her time off enjoying her five children and two grandchildren.
- Favorite Dessert: Pete’s Brownies
- Favorite Quote: “Treat people the way you want to be treated”
- Favorite Holiday: Christmas
Operations, Mesa Arts Center
Twenty years of experience in the entertainment, hospitality and marketing industries led Amy to Atlasta where she now manages Operations for Atlasta’s concessions and beverage service at Mesa Arts Center. Amy’s volunteer time is focused at the Cardon’s Children Hospital for Children with Cancer.
- Favorite Dessert: Cheesecake
- Favorite Quote: “If it’s not broke, don’t fix it”
- Pets: three dogs and one turtle
Operations, Tempe Center for the Arts
Coming from several generations of artists and restaurants owners, it seems natural that Rita would be both an active artist and work in the food industry. With experience ranging from cooking in restaurants to designing wine labels, Rita’s duties at Atlasta include ensuring each show at TCA is serviced by the most efficient staff resulting in all patrons being served promptly and kindly.
- Favorite Quote: “Your life is yours and yours alone, rise up and live it”- Sword of Truth Series
- Pets: I have been adopted by my red chow/ lab mix, Yoda and my one eyed pug, Romeo
- Favorite Dessert: Sans Rival- a Spanish Filipino dessert